Friday 30 November 2012

Domestic Renewal


I have been lucky to work with my great friend and sometimes co-collaborator, Mel Robson on a really interesting project curated by Rohan Nicol called Domestic Renewal. We're among 17 artists who have each contributed items to create a single table setting and were encouraged to incorporate existing materials or objects into our work. 

"Works in this exhibition demonstrate how creative professionals are capable of challenging the way that everyday objects are understood.  The works suggest answers to complex problem sets like overuse of materials, resources and energy in our lives....Subsequently, the works represent a blueprint or prototype for how we can improve the way in which domestic or urban environments are planned and perceived."

Mel and I developed our concept together over Skype, then I did my part in my studio in Brisbane and sent the work on via Aussie Post for Mel to work her magic on in Alice Springs. This is the result! 

Domestic Renwal is currently showing at Craft ACT: Craft and Design Centre until 15 December. 



 
Source: Australian Art Collector Issue 62, October - December 2012



No comments: