Tuesday 10 December 2013

A trip to Arita, Kyushu


I've recently returned from a really exciting trip to Arita in Kyushu. Arita is famous for porcelain - in fact it's said to be the birthplace of porcelain in Japan. And seeing as how I'm Japanese and all about porcelain - I thought it would be the perfect place for me to visit. I spent almost a week at Happy Lucky Site Kouraku Gama where I was able to explore some new ideas and techniques and meet some great people. My good friend Shin Koyama and his lovely wife Cory were wonderful hosts during my stay too and introduced me to so many interesting and kind people (and some great food!). It was only a short trip, but it's filled my head with ideas...which is exactly what I was hoping it would do. I'm really looking forward to returning to Arita in 2014 if I can.  

No comments: