Saturday 10 March 2007

TIDE

I went to an island not far from my house called Straddie. I had a great time! It's interesting to see the tide come and go. When I'm in the city, I never think about the tides, but staying by the bay, I watched the tides every day. If you only spend a little bit of time at the ocean, you don't notice the movements but if you spend a longer time there, it's really active. It was a great holiday and made me feel inspired to start making again. Enjoying nature is fun! Thank you Straddie and see you soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and it is so interesting that at certain times, the tide comes right in and goes right out very fast - i think it is called the neap tide. once in thailand i saw that - no it wasnt the tsuanami! - but just in one day it went in and out about half a kilometre! i love mud flats too - when you stand on the wet mud very quietly suddenly you hear all the little crabs and worms come out!

Kenji Uranishi said...

Sounds very interesting!
I want to see the neap tide.
I wonder If I can see the neap tide around Brisbane.